Greetings from Chiang Mai! Here are some of WEAVE happenings for June 2014!
– Preparing our forthcoming Product Design and Development workshop with our partner EEPPOC Australia. Meet our trainer, Joanne Cotton from EEPPOC and wait for WEAVE’s new designs!
– Meeting with our partner KNWO and the Women Study Program on refugee girls education project:
– World refugee day is observed on June 20 every year.
[button link=”http://www.weave-women.org/World-Refugee-Day-2014/” color=”steelblue”]Here some pictures from 2014 commemoration [/button]
– Realizing WEAVE and Lanna Roller‘s collaboration! Proud to present the newly created WEAVE natural dye foam roller cover. More new designs will be created by refugee and hill-tribe women artisans so watch out for more!
– Introducing Mong – Umaporn Pojorn, WEAVE’s new Marketing Officer! Mong has been working with WEAVE for more than 8 years now to support our mandate to improve refugee children’s early learning and well-being. Starting June 2014, she joined our Fair Trade Social Enterprise team as our new Marketing Officer!
– New people at WEAVE! Chonlada “Nune” Janpum joined the team to support the Secured Livelihoods Project at the Mae Hong Son office.
– Some updates for our projects:
Girls and Women’s Education:
+ Women Studies Program (WSP) school construction
+ Delivery of school supplies and materials
+ WSP on Karenni Site 1 and 2 school opening – June 13
+ Development of WSP Advance Course with KNWO
Secured Livelihoods: Preparation for upcoming Product and Design workshop for women artisans in Mae Hong Son