Job Title: Livelihood Training Staff
Reporting to: Burma Program Coordinator
Job starting date: February 15, 2016
Women’s Education for Advancement and Empowerment (WEAVE) Foundation works in partnership with ethnic minority women on the Thai-Myanmar border and Thai villages surrounding the refugee camps in Mae Hong Son and Tak, Northern Thailand. WEAVE believes that the empowerment of women and the development of their status benefit the whole community. WEAVE’s projects address many of the key problems faced by these women and their children through two main thrusts: women’s economic empowerment and early childhood development. The Foundation gives them opportunity to improve through education, confidence building and skills development. WEAVE also highly recognizes the critical role of women in providing for their families and ensuring the well-being of their children and as such focuses on disadvantage and vulnerable women in particular. WEAVE is a member of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO) Asia and its main office is in Chiang Mai, Thailand with branches in Mae Sod and Mae Hong Son.
General functions and responsibilities:
- Field Operations Management
- Assist in implementing vocational skills training
- Assist in work related undertaking during the course of production work (quality control), community development activities, etc.
- Database Management Assist in recording/encoding of the following:
- Recording of monthly payroll of field workers – quality control and women artisans.
- Keeping updated Inventory
- Take the lead in transporting/bringing raw materials to designated production locations and the finished products to Chiang Mai/Mae Sod.
- Maintain sound and good relationships with the following:
- Women artisans and producers – weavers, sewers, embroiderers, quality control, field workers
- Suppliers of raw materials – vendors in the market, etc.
- Local Thai authorities, Or Sor, Amphur, etc.
- Other CCSDPT NGO-member agencies implementing livelihood projects.
- Assist in promoting WEAVE Fair Trade shops in MHS, CM and MS through networking with other shops, organizations, advertisements and customers
- Purchasing of raw materials and delivery to the production sites.
- Ø Knowledge of Myanmar refugee situation and preferably have working experience along the Thai-Myanmar border.
- Ø Strong commitment to women and children’s protection and empowerment.
- Ø Good project management and people relations skills.
- Ø Background on Community Development is desirable and good experience in giving training an advantage.
- Ø Possess vocational skills (such as: arts and crafts, agriculture, etc.)
- Ø Good working experience in multi-cultural setting/environment.
- Ø Strong communications skills. Ability to communicate in English, Thai, Karen and Burmese an advantage.
- Ø Ideally, ability to work some irregular hours.
- Ø Able to drive and with valid driver license.
Ø Although this position is based in Mae Hong Son, the candidate must be willing to travel in the border areas (Ratchaburi, Sangklaburi, Tak and Mae Hong Son provinces) as necessary.
Based in: Mae Hong Son