Job Title: PROJECT COORDINATOR
Reporting to: PROJECT DIRECTOR
Job starting date: January 1, 2019
Based in: Mae Hong Son
Application deadline: November 30, 2018
Women’s Education for Advancement and Empowerment (WEAVE) Foundation works in partnership with ethnic minority women on the Thai-Myanmar border and Thai villages surrounding the refugee camps in Mae Hong Son and Tak, Northern Thailand. WEAVE believes that the empowerment of women and the development of their status benefit the whole community. WEAVE’s projects address many of the key problems faced by these women and their children through two main thrusts: women’s economic empowerment and early childhood development. The Foundation gives them opportunity to improve through education, confidence building and skills development.
WEAVE, in collaboration with the Karenni refugee education and other service providers, is implementing a 3 years Multi Lingual Education (MLE) for Kindergarten children.
Reporting to the Project Director, the Project Coordinator provide over-all leadership and management in the full implementation of the Karenni MLE in Karenni Site 1, Mae Hong Son, Thailand.
The Project Coordinator will be committed to WEAVE’s vision, mission and development goals. The PC will work in a complex and dynamic environment and will perform the following:
Main functions and responsibilities:
- Provide over-all leadership and management of the project, especially in the full-implementation of the MLE activities.
- Provide regular supervision and technical support to MLE field-staff, including administration and finance operations and staff.
- Conduct regular monitoring and timely reporting of the whole project to the Project Director.
- Works closely with relevant MLE project stakeholders by ensuring timely coordination, regularity in meeting and open communication (information sharing) to increase understanding and capacity to implement the Karenni MLE project.
Minimum work requirement:
- The applicant must be an ‘Indigenous person’from Thailand
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or any Social Sciences
- 1-2 year’s relevant work experience such as: leading a project, doing work for the community and/or managing staff
- Added Advantage: Possess Kayah, Burmese, English or Thai language proficiency
Skills and Abilities:
- Computer Literate
- Self-motivated, dynamic, creative and energetic
- Has good interpersonal relations/people relation skills
- Possess positive attitude to working in multi-ethnic/diverse setting
- Possess flexibility to do multi-tasking and to work under pressure
- Can work with minimal supervision and a team player
- Possess driving license
Salary range is between 28,000-30,000 Thai Baht. Provision of standard staff benefits applies.
Submit cover letter, résumé and 3 reference letters electronically to [email protected], [email protected]. Deadline of submission is November 30, 2018.
Qualified indigenous/ethnic women are highly encouraged to apply.